The Big Hello Thread!

Hi guys. New site is looking nice. It’ll sure beat Udemy’s horrid system.

I’ve finished up the Unity course, completed about half the Blender course and am now on the VR course. I hope to finish up one of my game enough and get it on the app store.

Cheers

Hello, I’m T-Jae!

I’m from England, looking to learn extra languages on the side of my course. I find this is a really fun way of doing it and so I can reach my goals without having to do boring stuff!

I’m especially excited to learn how to make the video games, though this is not my end goal aspiration. I feel it will be a great skill to have for the future. Especially since I mean to add an app to the android app store.

Hi, I’m Jamie, from Moray, Scotland.

I’m enrolled on the Unity and Unity Certification (got it on sale, figured it might be useful in future) courses.

I started making games with GameMaker: Studio and was really enjoying it, then found Ben’s course and the world of Unity opened up to me. 66% of the way through the course, but have drifted away from it recently, after picking up several books from Packt Publishing’s Unity Week offers.

Quite active in the Q&As, the FB group and on twitter (@Dunnykin), I quite enjoy finding solutions to other people’s problems (moreso than my own, I’m terrible at it). My first love is 2D games, and so my intentions are to make them for both PC and Android (for now).

Hi all,

I’m Miikka from Estonia and I guess I’m one of the older people here :slight_smile:

I made my first game almost 20 years ago, but have been working on the more boring part of the software development industry since. I still know quite a lot about game programming fundamentals and even made my thesis about 3D programming, but I’ve been too busy/lazy to start on with the new technologies. This is where Ben’s courses came on and gave me nice boost into Unreal Engine (and Unity too).

Hi:)

I’m chad I’m from Tennessee
I’m into Blender courses for right now.

I want to be creative for games I play and I know the blender and Unity course will help me make this happend. so here i’m to learn blender and more :wink:

Hi, Tiago Balbino here!

I am Brazilian frontend developer that loves games and I want to make education games that uses new kind of user experiences like VR and AR.

I´m newbie in game develop and I want apply all the knowledge at my personal projects. It looks like a good opportunity.

p.s.: I’m improving my english skills, so I will try to be the most clear I can.

Hi, I am Marc.

I am Canadian, I love 3D modelling, I dabbled into it for a while now. Decided I should learn it better though. I also do some Unity.

Hey I’m Lucas from Scotland, currently studying computing at college. been enrolled in the unreal course for a month or so now, just on the finishing stages of the room escape section. Really enjoyed the course up to now, have high hopes for the next part, and the blender course I recently enrolled in. Cheers.

Hello My Name is Dario. I am interested in learning more about game development I just got a VR system and want to learn how to do more with it.

Hi everyone!

I’m Silver, from Valencia (Spain), and I’m taking all the time I can to dive into Unity’s Certification course, because i want to get it this summer!
I’m working leading an IT department, and boring with systems and maintenances things I decide to take almost all of Ben’s courses… (yeah another Fan here).
I planned to reinvent myself and guide my professional carreer to Game-Dev.
I think there are more oportunities to find a good job and make my child dreams come true at same time. :smiley:

See you arround!

Hello everyone,
My name is Anthony. I’m from Tennessee, USA. I do not have a background in programming but have always loved computers and games. I have recently earned multiple certification in the computer networking field, but I’m much more interested in the programming side. Hoping to come out of this with the ability to bring the things I dream up to life for others.

Greetings, friends! I’m Jessica. I hail from sunny California.

I’m in the Unreal course but I plan to learn how to use Unity and Blender as well.
I’m an aspiring video game programmer and artist and I want to learn as much as I can on the internet as well as take college courses on the subject in the near future. I’ve always admired the video game industry and desire to be a part of it. These are my first steps onto that path and I hope I get a lot from it!
I have a few ideas I’d like to get started on but most are too advanced for me to handle at the moment and will have to wait until my skill catches up with my ambition.

Hello all! I’m Shae Rossi and I’m a Game Narrative Designer and Level Designer. I’ve done part of the Unity course, started the Unreal course, and am now diving into the Blender course. My goal is to make myself as knowledgeable about industry tools as possible, as I’m looking to transition out of my current field, into the game design industry. The Unity course was one of my first steps on that journey, and I’m looking forward to trying it over again from the beginning, now that I’ve had a solid semester of C# at a local college.

I’m not an artist at all, but I want to take the Blender course because most job listings I see for Level Designers want people who are familiar with things like Maya and Blender. So… here we go!

~Shae

1 Like

Hello!

I’m David, I was born in Alaska and I’m now living in an american community in Greenland with my parents.
I’m enrolled on the unreal engine dev course.
I’m a computer graphic hobbyist, learned a lot about JavaScript, WebGL( and many other sort of things like that ), I plan to complete this course before the summer vacation ends and I’m going to optimize the sandbox game I’m currently developing after I become a C++ master…
In addition, I think I will learn more about 3D printing, drone developing or even artificial intelligence later…

Greetings everyone!

My name is Nathanael, and I am an aspiring game designer who is nearly done with the Unity course and hope to very shortly move onto the Unreal Engine course; I am definitely hoping to become a professional and move into commercial gaming, and have especially enjoyed the terrain design parts of the Unity course so far. I look forward to everything that comes next, and if there is ever an cooperative effort made here to put something on the market I am certainly interested in participating!

Greetings Michael forwarded me here from Udemy Blender Class Q&A,
I am from and currently in Illinois, but move around between Illinois, Thailand, Alaska a lot.
I can mostly be found in OSGrid and run Opensim Virtual Worlds Fundee, a small virtual park.
I have mostly been a programmer my whole life, Python, C’s, Java’s, LSL, and a few other odd languages.
My new goal know that the software and technology has caught up to my price range is to utilize it to make Mesh models.
I can already make wonderful models, however I can guarantee I am doing them wrong.
I am thus taking the Udemy Blender class to improve my skills so that the models look better whether it be via topology, materials and textures, and other tricks to make them process better in Games, Virtual Worlds, and VFX.

Hello, where do i post my recent achievements on this site?

Howdy,

This is James from Texas, USA. Micheal from the Udemy Blender course pointed me to this site. Still learning the basics, but will probably jump into one of the game engines whenever I finish the course.

James

Hello!
My name is Cindy. I’m from Alberta, Canada.
I’m enrolled in the Blender course. I want to learn how to create mesh so I can create a clothing line within the VR game Secondlife all so I can make money! I may also make furniture and accessories for the home. If any of you have experience doing any of that please feel free to say hi!

Hi there,

I am Rodrigo Badin, from Brazil. And I am studying hard in how to make interesting and fun games.

My dream is to create games about teaching new languages for polyglots aspirants.

Privacy & Terms