Terrain Logic

OK so as the title suggests, I just noticed something brand new, and it’s that my player simply has no logic against the terrain. In other words, he can walk flying over terrain, without being grounded to anything. How do I fix this? I’m trying to find a terrain logic script online, can’t really find any (apologies if I forgot something)

P.S: I’m in the 3rd person and traversal course as we speak, but the fact that my character is flying is a bit annoying

3rd person course will solve it a little later in the ForceReceiver.

Edit
but this is RPG. My bad…

1 Like

Please tag questions like this against the lecture (originate them from the Discussions tab at the bottom of the video). In any case, the 3rd person needs a tag of unit-3rd-person or the TA for the course (you might know him) might get very very confused by your question.

I’m not sure which specific lecture you are on, but be patient, we’ll start adding gravity when Nathan introduces the ForceReceiver. For now, just let your character enjoy their amazing super powers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve edited the topic to be unity-3rd-person, because the first thing I thought when I read the topic was “Has the NavmeshAgent broke???”

2 Likes

Got me a little confused, too.

The Unity 3rd Person Combat & Traversal course is one of the most valuable courses I’ve done.

2 Likes

The best (in my humble opinion) workthrough on State Machines I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

OK OK I get it, I made a mistake with the tag because I thought they both were the same tag, you both didn’t have to roast me this way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: - anyhow, I’ll be working on that course for some time before seeing how I can integrate whatever wild mathematics is in there into my RPG Course :rofl: (RIP in advance to some really good point and click systems, and probably the entire project if things go bad. Hopefully it doesn’t)

Will take care of the tags next time onwards, I just didn’t know what the tag for this one was.

Not a single clue who the TA is. Is he friendly? Is he awesome? Is he the best programmer I’ve ever met? Does he have a dual hand weapons system? :new_moon_with_face:

As for the lectures I’m currently in the melee targeting lectures, I just finished the second one, regarding targeting

Frankly speaking though, the coding with that new control system and cinemachine is a bit too confusing, I literally went blank when he introduced abstract classes (I know what they are, but their syntax is something I’m still inexperienced with)

Friendly? Nah.
Awesome? Of course!
Best programmer you’ve ever met? Probably not.
Dual Hand Weapons system? In the queue.

This is some advanced stuff, and in this course, we’re using the full power of this fully operational Death Star - er… I mean the new Input System. Once you get the hang of the Input System and how the InputReader works, you and the old Input System will never (ever ever ever) get back together again.

Abstract classes can be the building blocks of great program structure. They may seem complex to get started, just remember that you’ve already been using them this whole time, or more to the point, you’ve been using the children of abstract classes. InventoryItem is an abstract class. You cannot instantiate it, but it is used as the base class for all other InventoryItem classes (EquipableItem, WeaponConfig, etc).

One quick note: Do not start integrating this course into the RPG course until

• You have completed it it
  • You fully undertand it.

It can be blended into the RPG course (Spellbourne Hunter uses it), but there are some complicated gatchas along the way. Having a full understanding of the system (of both systems) is key here.

No, you’re right we didn’t have to. :slight_smile:

I mean… it is a hell of a lot of fun to play with, and I absolutely want this in my game, no questions asked there, but when I saw Malber’s Animals, my plans for this game took a turn degree that I’m probably never letting go

Yup, will keep that in mind. For now I’ll finish off the course, and then make decisions on what my next step is :slight_smile: (for now I’m entering the attack animations (done with the targeting, but I have some feedback on that, under lecture 33), and I left a question there on Udemy for ya)

There’s always a comeback, don’t worry about it :wink:

Privacy & Terms