Team Project 1 - Hopper's Western Motel

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing. Asked my dad and brother what kind of car it might be since they’re more into cars than me. They both thought it looked like one of these old Buicks:

image image

Not exactly like it but close enough for reference, I think.

1 Like

Great! luckily you don’t have a build the whole car.
Or if so!? You have a nice project and re-used this later on …
No pressure … :wink: Just have fun, it’s not work.

1 Like

Yeah! I will probably just do the front for now, but maybe the rest later.

How’s it going with this, everybody? Anybody need help figuring out Github? I’m a n00b at it, but I was able to figure out the basics. Thanks to @albesca and @bunnyUFO for helping me out.

Here’s the car and the curtain(s) so far. Just a real basic blockout first so we can get the scene going.

How are your bits going? I saw @NP5 pushed something. Looking good so far.

3 Likes

I just finished the briefcases so I can take the armchair and cloth if you like. (Or something else if you prefer doing those!)

Looking good!

This is the scene so far:

I just moved and rotated things around, when we’ll have the rest of the model I’ll begin scaling them

3 Likes

In this first blockout phase I think I can manage all the models, after the weekend we’ll see if we have missing models

Alright!

My biggest problem is getting used to this github thing. Sure I will eventually. Think I just did it right deleted and replaced, sort of. Must do more to the model.

1 Like

There is a tool (add-on), I forgot it’s name. And they changed the name also.
Where you can add some horizon (end point ) lines.
And let blender calculate the camera positioning and lens type to match the photo used as reference.

I’ll try to find it.

2 Likes

Suddenly I remembered the old name BLAM!.

But here is a good explanatory link https://www.blendernation.com/2018/11/15/retiring-blam-and-announcing-fspy/

3 Likes

Whoa, I remember seeing that a couple of years ago, though I don’t recall if I ever tried it out on my old laptop. I just downloaded it for this puppy, and will definitely have to play with it. :wink:

1 Like

This is the scene so far:

The woman isn’t included in the scene as the model is not posed yet, we’re still missing the bed pillow, the bedside table and the photo frame: @Sahil_Nain if you have trouble with them we can see if anyone else is willing to make them; also remember that we’re currently at the rough blockout stage, so they don’t need to be as detailed as the lamp you made.
@bunnyUFO, can you model the pillow?
Any other volunteers in case they can’t work on those right now?
I’d wait till tomorrow, then we’ll reassign models and step into the mid level modelling and uv unwrapping

6 Likes

Absolute nightmare. Anyone else try posing the woman?

1 Like

Nice! It’s looking good so far. I’ve got some free time, so I can pick up some extra work. The end table and the photo frame would be good for someone newer or with less time since they’re relatively simple, though I don’t mind doing them if no one wants them.

Maybe I can take a crack at posing the woman @NP5?

1 Like

Sorry for being late , i just updated the file with basic blockout for the table and frame .

2 Likes

Just curious and following the progress as a bystander.
A painting has a certain texture, due to paint and technique used.
This is a problem when modeling 3D.
Are there any plans to do something with Blender’s post processing capabilities?
To mimic a painted surfaces?

1 Like

@ Tyger2 Please do!

@FedPete sounds like you have a part to take up then. :grin:

Personally never looked at or touched that department.

1 Like

When working with node, my system gets slower by the node.
Texture nodes is still a black box to me.
I’ll pass.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms