Taking another Dialogue Path when we complete the quest

So the predicates and conditions on the dialogues are very nice and we can put a lot different conditions on it but that only counts for one dialogue tree(root).

What I wanted to achieve is, that the dialogue of the person changes when we completed a quest for him.

So on the picture you can see the first dialogue tree, that handles the quest.

On the second dialogue tree I put the condition that it should be only shown, when the quest is completed (CompletedQuest) but the problem is, that he always starts with the first dialogue tree again, no matter what conditions and predicates I put in. Is there a simple solution for that?
Cause it would be super nice to be greeted by another message when we already did a quest for that NPC

Right now, the system considers the root node to be the first node of the Dialogue… that makes a certtain amount of sense if you only have one root node (after all, the root is created automatically when we create the Dialogue).

Instead, have the GetRootNode method find all nodes that do not have a parent node, and then Filter them by Conditions.

Thanks Brian I figured it out now :)!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms