Still not seeing the Autofill

I was looking at Sethi’s topic above as I was having a similar issue, but I already had the .Net Frameworks he mentioned installed and still wasn’t seeing any of those autofill notes that were in the video.

Anything I seem to be missing here?

Hi,

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity

If the issue persists, please check the console of VS Code (not Unity!). If the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download and install it from the official Microsoft. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471

Depending on your version of Unity, it might be that you will have to install the “Visual Studio Code Editor” package in Window > Package Manager in Unity.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + P in VS Code.
  2. Type “OmniSharp: Select Project” and press Return.
  3. Select the solution workspace entry.

Maybe you’ll have to reboot your computer. Then launch Unity again and open one of your scripts.

Did this help?

See also:

I still don’t get it, I’m using the latest Unity version and installed the .NET Framework.
How I install “Visual Studio Code Editor”? Do I install it in Unitiy or VS Code? I’m confused
Cannot find it in “Window>Package Manager” in Unity and CTRL + SHIFT p P in VS Code doesn’t work for me, nothing happens.

Hi LilSchnappi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

First of all, which version of Unity do you use? If it is a different version than the one our instructor uses, it might be that some things do not exist in your editor.

In VS Code, check your console/terminal. Are there any messages?

If nothing helped, install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. Maybe due to a problem with Unity, some update or whatever.

1. Download VS and follow this instruction.
  2. Select VS as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools).
  3. Install the “Visual Studio Editor” package in the Package Manager.

That should work.

I’ve installed Visual Studio and now it’s working. Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms