Steam Not Creating Lobby

Hello,

When I launch through steam and click “Create Lobby” I just get a black screen, nothing happens. When I test in the Unity editor it pulls up my lobby screen as it should and properly displays Player 1. The error only happens on Steam.

After looking through my code I could not find an answer so I tried replacing my code with the GitHub commit for the Menu script and I still have the same issue. The issue is not the Network Manager being setup incorrectly as seen in picture below. I added a second picture to show my Lobby working in the editor vs what I get when launching through Steam.!

Hi there,

If you do a local build, does it display the lobby menu? I am trying to understand if this is an issue with steam or if the game is not displaying the lobby.

I just tested it, yes the local build displays the lobby too. After this I decided to test Steam and the lobby worked, although it did not allow for me to invite players. I kept rebooting the game through Steam to test this and eventually the lobby did not display, but when the lobby does not display I can invite players, but since the screen is blank I can not start the game. It seems to randomly alternate between being able to invite, but not display the lobby and not being able to invite and displaying the lobby. This is happening on the same build of the game with nothing changing except for restarting the game through the Steam launcher.

Are other player’s able to install the game and join our game, even if you cannot invite them?

Privacy & Terms