Steam API disabled

Hi !

I’m following the course, and I have an issue at the session 59.

Logs :
LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steam API disabled!
LogOnline: Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()
LogTemp: Warning: Found subsystem NULL

UE4 Version : 4.20.3

And the code from Sam’s github doesn’t work on my PC

Any idea ? I’m really lost

1 Like

I assume you have steam demo working?

Unfortunately no, I had compilation problems due to missings dlls, and It was harder to solve than in the video. So I gived up and went straight to the project

EDIT : I reinstalled UE4 ans vs, and download your project on this new installation. I have the same logs :

LogDirectoryWatcher: Warning: Failed to begin reading directory changes for …/…/…/…/…/…/Downloads/Udemy3_1/UnrealProject/PuzzlePlatforms/Plugins/. Error: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable. (0x00000002)

LogSlate: Window ‘Plugins’ being destroyed

LogSlate: Window ‘Plugins’ being destroyed

LogDirectoryWatcher: A directory notification for ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/’ was aborted.

LogSlate: FSceneViewport::OnFocusLost() reason 0

LogTemp: Repeating last play command: Selected Viewport

LogBlueprintUserMessages: Early PlayInEditor Detection: Level ‘/Game/MenuSystem/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel’ has LevelScriptBlueprint ‘/Game/MenuSystem/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu’ with GeneratedClass ‘/Game/MenuSystem/MainMenu.MainMenu_C’ with ClassGeneratedBy ‘/Game/MenuSystem/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu’

LogPlayLevel: PlayLevel: No blueprints needed recompiling

LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steam API disabled!

LogOnline: Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()

Getting the steam demo to work really helps identify where the issue is.

So, My Steam demo is working ! And the project seems to be okay ! Thanks, It probably was missing references stuff

Privacy & Terms