State Driven Camera

Hi I am doing the lecture on State Driven Camera in the third person traversal course. When i test to see if the state change is jumping between the two cameras it will switch to the targetingblendtree animation but it doesnt switch back to the freelookblendtree.

Check for typo errors in the string hash names, make sure they match what you have in the animator and that you have both states with the correct cameras in the state driven camera.

1 Like

Actually, the StateDrivenCamera’s configuration is with a drop down menu that gets the available states from the Animator at design time, eliminating the spelling issue.

Is the player’s animation state moving back to the freelookblendtree? Spelling/case does matter when we set the code in the animator.

The StateDrivenCamera gets its list of states from the animator, so it will use whatever is there, but in the PlayerTargetingState script we still need to set the string hash, that is where the typo could come from.

You were absolutely right. I wrote FreeLookBlend when I should have written FreeLookBlendTree. lol I didnt catch it because it looked mostly right. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms