Starting Section 2: Modular Dungeon

Hi,
Just sharing from start to finish my progress for the Modular Dungeon. I just started and am working on the barrel design and playing with features from the previous lessons (mainly messing around a bit) as I progress through this section. Here is my Barrel so far. I will probably edit this again and keep working toward the course examples.

6 Likes

Good plan!

1 Like

Nice barrels. I like the colors. I created the static meshes for the barrel and crate, but applied no materials. I am working on the pilar now. Great idea to create this thread.

I knew it would be a benefit to me at least to start a new thread for this purpose. I am glad it’s paying off. I got the crates figured out. I’ll be moving onto the pillars soon as well! Thanks for participating here!

3 Likes

If you like to learn, you could invest some time (youtube, manuals), to place those models in the Blender asset library …
It is a bit tricky to learn (how this works).

Have fun!

1 Like

I am coming along. Here are mine.

2 Likes

I’m about the same, just varied in colors. I can definitely recognize each component!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice FedPete. Doesn’t this course teach that? I haven’t moved too far ahead yet, but as part of this dungeon project, i’m pretty sure the course is teaching that? I’ll make a note to follow up.

1 Like

There is additional video training to accomplish the annimation provided for this section. This is made available on his YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/V4vhTltxSEY?feature=shared

2 Likes

So, I completed the Dungeon project (except for having to repair my door) as well as learned asset management per FedPete’s advice. I loaded the base project from the class and imported my assets in order to combine them in this photo. Things are starting to make sense :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is great! love your varied components. With texture and lighting these will really pop!

1 Like

Great Dungeon! This is where I ended today. Be back at it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Killing it!

1 Like

Here is what I accomplished today. I will “give it a go” with the torch in the morning.

4 Likes

This looks great! It pays to take more time like you are doing. I’m rushing to learn the concepts to be familiar, but I need to be more patient for precision and detail.

2 Likes

Had a great weekend off. Back to work. Finished the torch. On to the finished dungeon.

2 Likes

Looks really good! Will be nice additions to your asset library. I may take an afternoon and recreate everything as a test for myself.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. Have you started the dinosaur? I should start Thursday or Friday.

I had to go back and watch the lighthouse materials video before making the torch. I could not remember all of the material selections to get the flame to shine.

1 Like

That’s definitely a benefit of the course, having all this material organized and available to our other projects. Definitely a great resource.

Privacy & Terms