Start Debugging triggers Mac SDK problem

See attached photo.

Start Debugging triggers SDK problem “Documents/GameDev/Project3/.vscode/c_cpp_properties.json”

my path on my hard drive is (although if I’m reading the message properly maybe this path isn’t in a json file? - I don’t understand this sufficiently to comprehend where the problem is): /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks

However, the SDK labeled, “MacOSX12.3.sdk” appears to be an alias that points to “MacOSX.sdk” that is contained in the same SDK path. Regardless, in both sdk folders, the “/System/Library/Frameworks” folders seem to be located in the path that VS Code is saying that it can’t find.

I just don’t know how to troubleshoot this and google doesn’t appear to provide any insights. Can I just change the c_cpp_properties.json file so that line 35 is changed from “MacOSX10.13.sdk” to “MacOSX12.3.sdk”?

(I suspect this may be related to another problem I reported earlier today:

As in the previous problem, the current issue persists: the program appears to compile, however I cannot run the file from within VS Code; I can only run it by double clicking on the executable file from the Finder)

On first debug, I am asked in an OSX popup window, “main” would like to access files in your Documents folder. And then MAYBE the program runs? It’s so fast that I really can’t tell. However, subsequent debugs don’t ask about Documents folder permissions. Sorry, just can’t quite tell what’s going on.

Specs:

Macbook Pro M1 Max
Xcode Version 13.3 (13E113)

/*
VS Code 1.65.2 (Universal) Version: 1.65.2 (Universal)

Commit: c722ca6c7eed3d7987c0d5c3df5c45f6b15e77d1

Date: 2022-03-10T14:33:49.188Z (2 wks ago)

Electron: 13.5.2

Chromium: 91.0.4472.164

Node.js: 14.16.0

V8: 9.1.269.39-electron.0

*/

Hi there!

Try typing “xcodebuild -sdk -version” (without the quotes) in your terminal. That should give you your actual XCode version.

Then you can modify that line for the correct SDK version.

Yeah managed to track down the file path with the proper SDK version and modify it in the Workspace default file. Works no problem. It just have to remember to reset it whenever I make a copy of the downloaded workspace file. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms