Some issues with lighting

Hi everyone,
I have two problems with lighting and can’t find where to fix them.
First, the environment lighting is too bright in the scene window and lasts in the play mode till the first level reload. Moreover, whatever I do in the scene (move light sources, change them etc) the lighting is not updated, the shadows don’t move.
Scene:

Play (before the level reload):

Play (the level has been reloaded):

(all the settings are the same)
And second, the Point light after I add it to the scene gets stuck to the view point and moves with it.

Hi Peter,

Please go to Window > Rendering > Lighting Settings. At the bottom of the Inspector, click on “Generate Lighting”. You could also try to disable “auto-generate lighting”.

Did this solve the problem for you?

See also:

Hi Nina,

It helped, thank you… But partially. The lighning in the Game mode does not change anymore after the scene is reloaded.
But still, all my actions with light sources don’t affect the scene and the game screen. On the screen shot below, the spotlight is aimed at a big grey rock in the middle. And while the directional light is close to it, the shadows fall like it’s much higher in the sky (as it was by default).

It turned out that there were different issues. In addition to Generate lighting I also marked all checkboxes in Light Explorer-Lights.
Other problems I solved by tweaking the individual light sources. E. g. I found out that unlike sun in Blender, the Directional light reacts only to rotation, not to position.

I’m glad you were able to narrow the issues down and to fix them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms