Singha, A Winged Lion Creature

Thanks!! Yes, it’s flat because there is no geometry (you can see the model with no textures a couple of posts above). This is to save polygons for the game engine, from the player’s point of view you will never notice that flatness :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blender keeps crashing and corrupting my files. I didn’t have a backup, so all the work done from the last couple of days have been lost… Here I’m again sculpting…

Sometimes during the sculpting I think I’m overkilling it with the amount of detail, but the fact is most of it will be lost in the texturing, so better exaggerate the ones you really want to make visible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Crashes ok! Because of the huge memory consumption.
But never had any problems with file corruption.
Although, some others do have.
Always save with a version number (you should know).
Especially then doing destructive or new stuff.

2 Likes

‘Save as’ next number up, constantly, is your friend.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Some renders after texturing.
Hair, feathers and chain/jewelry are done with “hair cards”

7 Likes

Looking magnificent.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!

Awesome!

2 Likes

What NP5 and bOBan said! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi guys! Thanks so much for your kind words :slight_smile:
I just posted it on Sketchfab, so you can have a closer look at the model

7 Likes

Not sure if I’m the only one, but pressing the play button doesn’t work for me.

Again, excellent work :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! Not sure why the play doesn’t work for you, it’s an embed, is Sketchfab usually working for you? Maybe it’s a browser issue…

Never had problems with SketchFab. But for now it doesn’t work on my machine.
I have an SketchFab account, but the rules are changed. It’s not so ‘free’ anymore.
I started a little Javascript project to see If I could make 3D work on a website.
Without the need of an external party.

1 Like

Yes, it’s only a model per month, and you don’t recover your credits if you remove models, only the credit from the current month.
If you put your models for free or for sale then you can upload all the models you want… it’s very limited if you want to create a portfolio and don’t give your models for free,

1 Like

This model is amazing! Very impressive what you pulled off with the chains, and lots of great details and sculpting overall.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks so much! It has been a long journey … lots of trial and error, crashes and re-making :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great decorating details, incredible work!

1 Like

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I didn’t have any issue seeing your project on Sketchfab, and it’s really look great! You put a lot of work into this project, and it looks well worth the time and effort. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks so much @Miss_B! Yes, lots of hours went in that project, lots of learning too :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms