Singha, A Winged Lion Creature

Hi! I started a new character and I’m going to be posting here the whole process, from modeling/sculpting to the final model in Unity.

So far I have the model sculpted in Blender…
Next step is creating the low poly version, the cards for feathers, texturing and rigging…

17 Likes

Looking great!

2 Likes

Very nice so far!

1 Like

Looking pretty amazing to me. Can’t wait to see how you progress with this character. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks so much guys @Mark_Jackson @NP5 @Miss_B :slight_smile: :+1:

Hi, I finally finished the low poly version.
The model has 2874 faces.
I used the Mirror Modifier, Shrink Wrap Modifier and the Snapping Face.

4 Likes

Good progress to your end direction.
One decade in the future hopefully full poly objects will be able to be in games, vr etc.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I have been working on cards for my feathers for the last three days.
Lots of trial and error, it’s still a WIP but I think it’s starting to look good. I need to add some more variation and break the repetition in some areas. I placed the cards using arrays with curves, hair particles and manually (in Blender). None of the three methods were working by themselves…

Total polygons: 177
I think it does the trick :slight_smile:

Reference

Card Placement

7 Likes

Hey, Nice Work, Amazing, could you give me the file link, so that I can look at it clearly? And, I suggest you to add Natural Indian Colours like Yellow, Red, Magenta and Blue!

1 Like

Hi! Thanks! I will try to post it in Sketchfab so you can look at everything. This is not the final texture, it’s just the AO + Curvature maps :slight_smile:

Ok! :smiley: :grinning:

Hi everyone! My #MacBookPro 16’ died and I couldn’t repair it for 3 weeks, so I wasn’t able to work on any 3D… Here is the first update, I finally finished the wings… Next step texturing!

7 Likes

Looking very impressive!

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Very impressive indeed! :+1:

2 Likes

Great work, especially the wings. Excited to see how it turns out!

2 Likes

@Miss_B @wes.m thanks so much!!

Here is the first texturing iteration.
Textured in Substance Painter and rendered in Marmoset.

8 Likes

Great work! Wings and collar are just amazingly done!

2 Likes

Are you considering other colors as well, or is it going to stay a more neutral palette?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms