Singha, A Winged Lion Creature

Yes, this is just the first round, I’m experimenting with different colors… But I think I will stick with light colors for the body and red-ish colors for the wings … I will post a second round soon, I think it’s looking better with more colorful colors…

1 Like

Here is a second round adding more color variety (within the palette).

4 Likes

Experimenting with more colorful palette and adding more color variety

6 Likes

Nice, I like the graded transition with the texture a lot. It’s coming together!

1 Like

Here is the full model in Sketchfab :slight_smile:

6 Likes

creepy! haha

1 Like

That’s looking awesome! It’s like a feathery, brown-toned shisa! Like a fusion of Chinese and Mayan.

3 Likes

Thanks!! Hahaha, yes, I’m making a video game with very creepy creatures, looking for the anti-hero, “Shrek” kind of style :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! It’s Balinese inspired, but you are right Singha is present in lots of other cultures, specially asian cultures.

1 Like

Sounds cool. Do you have plans for other characters yet?

1 Like

Hi! Yes, I already have all my characters planned and part of the story, I’m alternating between writing the GDD and making my models. Probably my models will be changing as I’m going to be making around 10-15 characters, and I’m sure the last ones will look much better than the first ones :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! here is a short video real-time rendered from Unity.
I used animations from the Asset Store, I’m finishing a tutorial explaining how I have been able to use animations from another model when armatures aren’t re-targetable. I can post the link here if anybody is interested.

5 Likes

Here is the tutorial :wink:

3 Likes

Hi! I have been reworking my model for Singha, adjusted some proportions, re-made the whole head and added jewelry. More detail will be added in the texture phase … I wasn’t very happy so I decided to re-do almost the whole thing :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I have been using the new Marmoset 4 to bake all my maps.
I love the simplicity and the speed of the process, being able to separate meshes per groups and bake them accordingly is awesome!
If you are on a Mac be ready for crashes, my Marmoset crashes almost all the time baking multiple maps at 4K.

4 Likes

First time rendering directly from Substance Painter, very impressed with the results :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Now with this level of details, the metal chain beside the body looks flat, no volume.
Still a great project! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms