Show response without click next?

I think that is pretty useless to click “NEXT” to have displayed the response.
I mean, if you already talking to him and have to click NEXT to just display the same messages but with buttons to respond him, looks redundant.

I guess that we could make a check to see if HasNext() and also if the next is isChoosing == true, but before messing up with the code, I would like to have some tricks on how to achiveve that.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Actually, I’m wondering how you’ve still got the speaker’s message when the PlayerResponse buttons are active. Are you not hiding the speaker’s dialogue text when the player response buttons are active?

I could add an if statement, and if the next node have a Choice then the Dialogue should show the buttons immediately.
Also the arrays cursor hva to be moved forward to the choices node.

Maybe that’s the way :thinking:

Let me show you what I mean, and sorry for my terrible English! :sweat_smile:

What I’m seeing in the video is that you’re not disabling the speaker’s text component when moving on to the player questions state.

If you’re wanting the text along with the questions (i.e. to just skip having the speaker alone and get straight to the hybrid with both the speaker and the responses), that will require a bit of adjustment… Unfortunately, I’m under threat of wildfire and don’t have power at the moment, so I’ll have to take a look at the codebase once this emergency is over and see what I can come up with.

No problem, I’ll bang my head on the wall until I’ll find a solution :wink:
Hope you’ll fix your issue soon as possible :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms