Should I be Concerned?

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Please follow the instruction on this website and make sure all required extensions are installed: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/other/unity

The .NET SDK contains C#, the programming language. It might be that VS Code has not installed the C# Dev Kit.

Alternatively, you could download and the .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Developer Pack) from the official Microsoft website. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472


I encounter ab error about needing an object reference.

Since there is basically an indefinite number of potential errors, it would be great if you could share a screenshot of your console like you did before. Now I can only guess that you have got a NullReferenceException error.

NullReferenceException means that a reference (“link”) to an instance is missing. Double click on the error message to see to which line in your code it is referring. If you exposed a field in the Inspector, make sure that it’s not empty. Debug.Log might also help you identify variables whose value are null at runtime.


See also: