Sharing Your Project's MVP with us

Hello everyone!
Here’s my GDD!

My MVP would be movement and combat with crazy animations.

1 Like

My MVP is to fix the rotation controls, the audio code, playtest the maze and iterate on it until it’s sufficiently navigatable and fun for someone else to complete.
With that in place it’ll be possible to build new mazes and add features to them later down the line without the core game failing.

Hi, my MVP is a basic 10-in-1 game, but with 2 simple reflex games. I have one in barebones (playable), need to refactor, add menus, basic sounds and a second game, to showcase the full mechanism.
BTW, after more than 6 years on-off, starting and not finishing, I’m now starting to really share and shift the mindset.

Ahoy hoy. I am making an RPG. The MVP is going to be the ever exciting: Movement, combat within a completed(in that you can kill something) level with 3 bosses(more like 2 mini and one CEO).Where you win if you kill them and, well; die if you do not!(Shocking I know!)

Hey there. I’m Stephen and my project has a working title of Space Trader - The Folded Dimension. My MVP milestones are:

• Point and click adventure bird’s eye view of an alien landscape
  • Navigation between two screens
  • Quest intro dialog box
  • Collectible hidden objects that spawn on command
  • Inventory and/or checklist
  • Quest completion dialog box

Thanks! Fun so far. Definitely appreciate the weekly scheduling advice and worksheets.

My Event-Based Milestone is telling three people by the end of this month that I’ll have a barebones standalone executable version of my MVP to them by the end of next month.

Hi all! My game is a third-person action/adventure set in a cyberpunk world. My goal is to have a demo on itch.io by December 2020. The MVP is:

1. Player and Enemies can shoot, melee, and cover (player done)
  2. Player can climb, swim, and hide (done)
  3. “Intro” level with a boss enemy
  4. Main hub level with a shop, safehouse, subway station, and a back alley for fighting random enemies
  5. dead enemies drop random items
  6. four to five item crafting system (done)
1 Like

my MVP for my 2D platformer project is a tutorial/demo level where the player execute basic movements and apply said movements to other entities or the environment,

that is

a ground to stand on with a feature that will make the player jump and/or high jump

an enemy to perform land attacks

and an enemy to perform air attacks,

a hazard that makes the player character flinch or do the hurt animation and if they run out of hp, faint or become unconscious.

It has to have a beginning (beach level), middle (cave) and an end(village). It also has to have a main menu and a pause menu

All these while incorporating elements from games I learned to make from the Complete C# Unity 2D Game Dev course.

I will be making my own assets for this project except for SFX as I have absolutely no knowledge in that regard.

2 Likes

My MVP is to I will have my Unity User Certification, which is really just a step in an overall larger project that is composed of various small projects that all basically add up to a portfolio I am realizing as I go through this course. But I plan that to work on something of my own while preparing for the test.

2 Likes

My project is a tabletop RPG so my MVP is having instructions on what you roll and how to tell if you succeeded on your roll and a list of challenges and opportunities to allow you to make rolls.

2 Likes

My first goal is to finish a unity course, so i guess finishing that would be my MVP.
After that Ill start with my first game, which will be coop. My MVP will be that the characters will be able to walk around, use the interact button on the world and to each other.

1 Like

Howdy folks. I already finished most of my MetroidVania MVP (running, jumping, enemies, collision etc) except there is no endpoint of the prototype right now. So my next milestone is adding a point where the demo ends and show an end screen.

My MVP is heavily Runescape / Diablo / WoW inspired. I want it to be fantastical in nature. I want a very basic MVP consisting of a single level with a single enemy of a skeleton to kill. I want the character to start with only a sword with a helmet or similar piece of armor on the ground to equip. I want an inventory and health bar. I want functional character combat. I want basic player stats like hp and defense / attack and I want the same for the enemy. I am stuck at how I want the game / player movement / camera to operate. I do not know if I want a Runescape / Diablo / or WoW format. Mayhaps a mix of two or all three. Not sure.

Like many here, my most important goal is to complete courses to grow my knowledge. Completing multiple courses is my first milestone.

My MVP will be a game in which the player can hire workers, build & improve rooms in a castle, and have the king/queen react to those player actions.

1 Like

For me this wasn’t so much about finishing a specific game project but to see if your course was better than a lot of the other business courses I’ve taken in the last 20 years. Many have failed to define what “be very specific is”. A lot of motivational speakers don’t get all that specific on how to get specific. Your lesson on VNT Technique got me there to understanding what that means.

Otherwise I break most or the rules between almost every craft you can think of and all the ways to be digitally creative I’ve probably got 100’s of projects on the go. I have to finish a pair of slippers today, a BDay present for later this week. Arthritis is not my friend so if I cannot do the physical crafts I go into working on the digital projects. Currently quite a few courses here and Udemy and what turns out to be a few courses on both platforms from you.

If anyone is interested I’m posting the picture of the finished slippers later today on https://twitter.com/viccallan most projects I’m doing gets posted there.

Thank you for the great course. Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

For my graduation project, my MVP is a game mode implemented in the game’s prototype (a F2P arena shooter top-view) that can be played online with a winning condition and a losing condition.

For my Turn Based Tactical Shooter Game, my MVP is to be able to create a Character and a fight with some NPCs. First on the tabletop version of the game then on the videogame I am planning to make

I bought all of your courses for Unity because I want to learn it and make it a hobby of mine. However, at the moment I have my graduation project to do and sadly I didn’t choose to make it a game.
I had a hard time working on it so I decided to give this course a try and so I’m sharing my MVP that is:
Standart Users can go into the app, see a list of events, open a single event and request a subscription for that event.
Creator users can create a new event, and then see if they have requests for subscriptions and accept or decline them.

It is a mobile app that will be intended to help organise events by allowing the creator of the event to send push notifications to the people that are interested.

MVP for my Dungeon Crawler Project are

• Static splash or Mainmenu screen
  • 1 completed dungeon level geometry
  • Player can move in level without going through the wall
  • Enemy can pathfinding around level and hunt player when spotted.
  • Have a simple range combat click on enemy to deal damage until enemy ranout of Hitpoint
  • Enemy can also deal damage to player when player’s Hitpoint depleted, kick player back to splash or gameover screen.
  • When player reach the end of level (elevator) restart the level
  • Being able to read the story, Have a resume, portfolio, model random thing

Have my RPG up and running with all 7 continents without the custom character creator

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms