Sharing Your Project's MVP with us

Here is a great place to share what the MVP is for your project.

3 Likes

Since I am following along with your RPG course (with the newly released content), my MVP is that my game will, at a minimum, have all the features yours does. Hopefully it will have more, since I am using my own assets and making my own game while following along, but it will at least have all the features the course project does.

6 Likes

My MVP is a walking simulator with all story choices implemented and art assets matching feel of concept art. Player will be able to move and select objects.

4 Likes

My MVP is a map of rooms with items that you can pick up and use. I am aiming for a small project that will be similar to the game Shadowgate for the NES

3 Likes

My MVP is to finish 5 (short) levels in my platformer/shooting game, followed by a boss fight. (Metal slug/Cuphead style game.) The levels should have enemies that shoot back (currently a minimum of two enemy types), and the basic mechanics should be finalized. The target is to have the short prototype (about 15-20 minutes of playtime) uploaded to simmer.io to start gathering feedback.

3 Likes

I’m working on a simple platformer. My current MVP is to implement the basic control of the game. The player should be able to move in the game’s world (run and jump) and to interact with it (use levers and hit enemies or objects).

4 Likes

it was made in two weeks by the way using procedural systems and photogrammetry. Probably could have made it even faster with macros…

4 Likes

My MVP is a short procedurally generated dungeon crawler. One basic weapon, one or two basic spells, and a couple simple enemy types. The intent is for there to be 2-player co-op. Damage is dealt to players and enemies appropriately, and the game will end when the dungeon is cleared.

2 Likes

My MVP is at the moment: a playable game with the semi completed art work done. Currently making the isometric art at the moment and learning about randomising tiles with Tilemaps and creating artwork for it.

4 Likes

Looks awesome keep it up!

1 Like

I have made a very short third person metroid-like prototype. It has all the main mechanics coded (although some of them aren’t shown in the prototype) and my next major iteration is to blockout the complete level without any details, just basic shapes, implementing the rest of the mechanics I coded so it can be played from start to finish.

This is the current state of the prototype: https://moisesjpelaez.itch.io/emilys-journey

2 Likes

@moisesjpelaez I had a quick look. Nice work.

2 Likes

@Rick_Davidson Unreal Cinematics Training Course When will you be releasing the course in Udemy?

1 Like

Some time this month, most likely in the next week or so.

2 Likes

Started this course after I was trying to decide if I needed to purchase the HB Training Bundle (hadn’t realised I had this course). It perfect as I never complete anything. Current MVP is complete CGBooste render in Blender for Novembers competition which finishes next week.

3 Likes

My MVP is to have a Roblox game done in a 2D platformer style. The player will have the ability to go into underground into caves, fight enemies and go into dungeons both of which will be procedurally generated. The player will also be able to progress through these dungeons and get rewards for completing them.

2 Likes

Hi! Here is my MVP: the player can create spells according to specific rules (real-time creation). With created spells player can attack enemies, block spells or transform enemies spells from harmful to helpful.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Nathan I have be learning how to do game design for about 7 years now
I started with 3D design in doing so I successfully added a asset to unity’s asset store. In time it just was not enough I need more so that’s what I did.

My MVP is to complete the RPG that I have been working on for the last 3 years. I know that seems like a long time but it is just me and most of it has been learning how to do it .

Thank you guys for the knowledge…

3 Likes

I’m Maciek, or the President of Space on itch. This isn’t a household name yet, but one step at a time. I’ve done my share of pongs, snakes and space invaders. Time to expand. My MVP is the first stage of my zelda/dark souls in 2D mashup, which has an amazingly stupid working title: Dark Legend of Soul Princess (in case I’ve forgotten what are the ingredients of the mashup). This stage requires the following: an area for the player to move in (a couple of dungeon rooms), two types of enemies that can attack the player, the player’s ability to attack and kill the enemies, or be attacked and lose, as well as a small interaction with the environment, such as a signpost with a clue and a pressure plate to open a door. To accomplish this, I am going to use the Love2D engine, which I’m exploring right now. End of public service announcement.

3 Likes

So I got a little overwhelmed by this MVP. This isn’t anything like I’ve done before and I got lost and overwhelmed. I’m going to make something simpler first, and then to move to the above. The deadline for the reasonably complete game (by which I mean playable from start to finish, but maybe lacking some fancier features), as I’ve set, is the 10th of January 2021, so I have time. To learn the ropes of the engine and project structure, I’m going to make a minimal mobile wizardry clone with monochrome graphics. Minimal so that the mechanics are simple and there aren’t too many features. Wizardry clone because I love that style. Monochrome graphics because I want it to be as quick and simple to design as possible. The screenshots are coming.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms