Share your simple Sandbox

Synty had a humble bundle so I got a ton of assets at a bargain price. been itching to try them out, and while working on this I am starting to explore what my game will feel like when its finished.

Welcome to Sea Side, a small port town that pirates love to plunder. oh wait, right, sandbox. welcome to the Sea Side Sandbox!

4 Likes

As I am planning to build a game with a combination of RPG, ZEN and Diablo-esque gameplay, I want to spend more time on that project and therefore made this quick setup for the course:

I am a developer and not (yet) an artist :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Late to the party - but here is my sandbox

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is my sandbox.

The following video is not my sandbox, it’s my reference. https://youtu.be/eqXU2CFbMKA?t=207 It’s torchlight I in action. I used it for inspiration.

(This is, I think the third, maybe fourth time I’ve restarted the course, maybe this time I’ll finish. Yeah I could try to rescue an old project and start at the middle, but it’s like wearing last year’s unwashed laundry or something…)

Edit: for those wanting similar, I used some free Unity Asset Store items:

• FREE Stylized Textures - RPG Environment
  • RPG Poly Pack - Lite
  • Skybox Series Free

and the grass I had made using Substance Designer.

3 Likes

Heya, so this hopefully uploads :smiley:
Didn’t have a ton of time. But here is my little village… it has seen better days, sadly.

3 Likes

Impressions on my quick work

That White house is where the deity of this world lives so, made it bigger than rest and surrounded it with trees, to kinda make it the center of attention

3 Likes

Quick sandbox level. Looking forward to the rest of the course!

2 Likes

I wanted to make some sort of forest village that has been built in a valley only accessible from an opening in the mountains

2 Likes

Excited to start this course!

3 Likes

2 Likes

my sandbox

2 Likes

my beautiful and handsome sandbox :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Conan style!

Aye matey, tharrs a mighty fine port ya got!

Found a few more Free Asset packs and created a secluded little mountain village

4 Likes

So good to see what everyone made for this sandbox scene, so much variety!!

And here is my version. I decided to only use assets that came with the tutorial and tried to make the best use of it. For example, I used the stone building assets for stone steps and trees for bushes.

With limitations, you tend to get so much more creative! I know it’s just a sandbox but I enjoyed building this scene.

6 Likes

And here is the sandbox!

2 Likes

Just a few houses in a cute little clearing. Didn’t want to take too much time but I like how it turned out anyway!

3 Likes

The bird’s eye view makes it easy to imagine how it could be filled out with locations and landmarks - makes me think of the old Ultima games.

Privacy & Terms