Share your set-up

Hello everyone,

I thought it would be interesting if people shared their set-ups and why they are using theirs the way they put it.

I am dealing with a very small screen real estate on my end clocking in at 10 inches, so everything is very crammed, especially with the videos on the left. This is my solution for a small screen but would be interested on how you guys are dealing with your screens.

3 Likes

I ended up doing a Unity style layout. As for the screen, I have Unreal taking up the screen, and will flip back and forth between it and the videos.

3 Likes

My go to layout.

Happy with the default layout for now. That may change as I get more familiar with using Unreal Editor. Good to know its so customisable though!

I seperated it out into 3 ā€˜freeā€™ windows. I kinda like this as opposed to it taking over 100% of the screen. Weā€™ll see if i stick with it. [ Single monitor setup, though I have another I could setup if I run another long HDMI cableā€¦ ]

Used ā€œHide Tabā€ by right clicking on all of the windows for some extra space

please help. my bullcow game does not load and says try compiling it from source, and i do not know how to fix this problem. It says it can not be compiled!

Iā€™ve used Unreal before but never really bothered to change the layout (and I was kind of scared since I didnā€™t know you could reset the layout.) Decided to go with this so I can see more of the main screen, plus you might as well have the details and modes in one tab since itā€™s unlikely youā€™ll need them both (and this project is based around the code more than the level design.)

I only have one screen but it is pretty large. I moved the content browser over to the left side of the screen. This allowed much more room to work with the game.

I Got a 3 monitor Set so got a lot room to work with

Laptop Development: I mimicā€™ed Amazon Lumberyardā€™s setup :slight_smile: with World Outliner and Hierarchy on the left side and details + modes on the right side with content browser on the bottom.

Desktop Development: I have 3 screens so itā€™s very flexible and versatile depending on what I am focusing on right now :).

Dual monitors. You couldnā€™t pay me to go back to a single one.

1 Like

I have One Monitor connected to my laptop(Cuz my laptop monitor is broken), And the aspecct ration of this monitor is 1:1 I mean its a rectangle with equal width and height. and this was the best setup I could come up with :slight_smile:

so, i would use the typical keyboard and mouse for code, although , for level editing. i would first open easycanvas on my ipad then i would use the pen and touch gestures to navigate, then only use a pen for editing

Iā€™m rolling with a triple-monitor setup, so I have lots of screen real estate to play with. Iā€™m not sure exactly what Iā€™ll need yet, so I took some guesses:

I also snagged one of the few Unreal Engine themes available from Alessa ā€œCodekittenā€ Baker.

1 Like

Running dual monitors.
udemy on the right screen and Unreal Engine (default layout) and Visual Studio 2019 on the left screen surfacing which one I need at any given time.

Once Iā€™m not looking at udemy, Iā€™ll spread VS and UE onto their own monitors.

I used to have a two monitor set up, but I recently switched to one Ultrawide. I lost a little bit of space but overall I like it. I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m trying to look at two completely different things.

I switched up my Unreal setup to look a little closer to Unity, but weā€™ll see how my preference evolves as I learn the tool :slight_smile:

Iā€™m going to stick with the default layout until I get the hang of Unreal and see which layout works best for me.

Though I do now have two monitors so Iā€™m going to experiment with that. I think I will prefer one screen though.

I like the set-up as default

My Unreal setup looks like this.

Iā€™ve got 2, 16:9 monitors and one 4:3 monitor so Iā€™m using one for the lectures on the left, the middle is Unreal, and Iā€™m going to put my code on the 4:3 one.

Privacy & Terms