Share your finished transitions

Nicely done!

1 Like

wow really cool transition

That music also suits it perfectly. I have a suggestion, add some patrol paths for those humans because they must have been feeling bored as they have to stand for months and months. Best of Luck.

#ForgiveMyEnglish

I did a simple world map thingy while working along with the course. It’s quite simple really: The portals have an enum with values LocationToWorld and WorldToLocation. If the portal is WorldToLocation, it sends its spawn point to the portal on the other side to remember. If the portal is LocationToWorld, it will spawn the player to that position. No support yet for LocationToLocation portals but that’s just logic I need to figure out, nothing fancy.

edit: after a little thinking I ditched this approach as it was getting overly complex :smiley: the original style from the lecture with a few modifications worked way easier: adding an enum value for every portal in the world scene in the destinationID. Oh well… Part of the learning curve i guess

I actually encourage that sort of experimentation. While in this case, our way came out the most straightforward, that’s not always the case. Innovation stems from folks who say “What if I tried insert idea here?” It also helps reinforce the lessons in general. There are almost always multiple ways to solve the same problem.

My transitions:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS8-FbqwrY

1 Like

It looks amazing

Privacy & Terms