Set Up Unity & VS Code & Mac Users

I watched the video, it looks really good!

Yeah, GameDev is the only forum that I really like. I study other things too, like tryhackme and some ZTM web/app development classes, but I cannot stand the people in their Discords. There are a lot of jerks there.

I’ve never had a problem in the GameDev Discord, but I don’t go in there often either. I really just like this forum here.

I’m glad you’re here!

1 Like

Lazer Squad Nemesis is focused on Mulitplayer the game had a very good community. Was sad when it all ended.

1 Like

I like how Fallout 3 allowed for a choice. I thought that was a cool game. I usually make a tiny mistake in TBS games and then get murdered hard. I’m better with real time games…but not RTS. I suck at games like Command & Conquer and Starcraft, etc. But I like games like WOW and Diablo.

The coolest thing about Laser Squad Nemesis was players were allowed to create their own battle fields and have them auditioned for the random pool how cool is that. Must of taken some setting up.

1 Like

I played WOW a lot but i am rubbish at raids i always get kicked out lol

1 Like

I think there was an old PS game called War Games (?) if I remember correctly. I think it was based on the old Matthew Broderick movie from the 80’s. That was pretty fun. I played it a lot.

Laser Squad Nemesis reminds me of that, graphically, but I’m sure the two games are completely different.

I played WOW for about a week during a Christmas break in college, then I had to quit because school started up again and I knew I wasn’t going to be able to do both.

I also liked City of Heroes a lot. That was fun making super heroes out of my favorite singers. I made Billy Ocean into a protector, and Scott Reynolds was my tank. I really liked that one! :rofl:

1 Like

Closest thing to LSN is Frozen Synapse. Another TBS classic worth checking out.

Great music

1 Like

It looks cool, the music is pretty good, too. Have you played Shadow Tactics? I like that one, but it’s much easier to play with a controller rather than the keyboard.

I do enjoy my fair share of Sci-Fi, but I LOOOOOVE me some ninjas!

I dunno, I don’t really care for European period pieces, but I love Asian cinema.

I kinda like the idea of someday making a game based on Sun Wukong. It’s been in the back of my mind for a while now.

I loved Stephen Chow’s movie ‘Journey to the West’, but I think I liked Eddie Peng’s Sun Wukong better in ‘Immortal Demon Slayer’.

Of course, Donnie Yen was probably much closer to the original Sun Wukong in ‘The Monkey King’, but that movie was so CGI heavy that it was hard to watch (because of way too much CGI, in my opinion, I loved the story).

1 Like

I never played shadow tactics looks awesome

I think Game Of Thrones got it just right with CGI cant wait for House Of The Dragon

It’s definitely not Sci-Fi like the other games you’ve mentioned, but if you can get into Asian themes, it’s really a lot fo fun. It’s real-time, but you usually control 2 - 3 people in each stage. I think the later stages has the player controlling all 5 characters, so because of this, it has a little more of a turn-based feel, but it’s not really turn based at all.

Honestly, I didn’t like Shadow Tactics much at first because of the keyboard, but after I plugged in a controller I was hooked. A lot of sneaking, traps, and diversion type stuff.

ever played commandoes thats really hard but i loved it

1 Like

I’ve never really watched Game of Thrones. I might have seen an episode or two, but it was because someone else put it on. The stuff I did see looked good.

I don’t watch a lot of television.

Yeah, Donnie Yen’s ‘The Monkey King’ was really bright and the sheer amount of CGI was just way too much. I wanted to like it more, but some parts hurt my eyes.

well i need to get some sleep Jay and lets see if you can complete level 3 of Cyber Girl.

1 Like

I’m not sure about Commandoes. I’d have to look it up.

(A bit later…)
Nope, I’ve never heard of that series. It looks well done.

Most television is garbage but Game Of Thrones is a masterpiece. Not perfect but all the same it’s amazing. Get the boxed set.

As with Starwars Game Of Thrones is a must watch for game devs so inspiring. I think WOW pinches idea’s off all fantasy films Dark Crystal, Tolkien GOT etc

1 Like

I need to spend a little time on tryhackme tonight to keep my streak up, but I’ll give your game another shot a little bit later.

Sleep well. It was nice chatting…

…and best of luck with the Mac fix! I hope Marc’s solution works for you. :wink:

1 Like

TBS is my favourtie genre i’m so exitied about this need to get some sleep by for now

1 Like

Thanks for your help Marc i managed to get it working

Privacy & Terms