Seem to hit nullptr on World->ServerTravel after Lecture 51

After implementing the code for this lecture (Lecture 51) the editor seems to crash whenever I click the “Host” Button, regardless of the nullptr checks that I have.

After much commenting out, running, uncommenting, running again and so on I have found that If I comment out the line World->ServerTravel("/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/ThirdPersonExampleMap?listen"); the editor does not crash. The menu is just torn down as it should be.

I have multiple nullptr checks for World and the “Copy Reference” of that map gives me World'/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/ThirdPersonExampleMap.ThirdPersonExampleMap' . Also if I switch the code back to the old “Host” function without using OnCreateSessionComplete but as with Sam still using the line World->ServerTravel("/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/ThirdPersonExampleMap?listen"); in the old Host function I have no issues and the server loads the map perfectly.

If I attach the VS debugger to the Editor I get this when the editor crashes:

Not sure how to interpret that.

I have pushed my broken code to a “dev” branch on my repo: https://github.com/Wylie-Modro/Unreal_PuzlePlatform

Unreal version 4.20.3

I am truly stumped at this point and unfortunately cannot continue with the course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I have also posted this in the Udemy Q&A for this lecture 51

I think I’ve repied over there :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms