Section 2 Wedge

Rotated -90 degrees on the y-axis, halved in size on all axes and moved to the vector (0, 4, 2).

Here is my wedge. I got confused on the scaling down part (dimensions), but fixed it once I looked at everyone else’s numbers here.

i too got a bit confused on rotating but made it at last :slight_smile:

I rotated my wedge when making it so I had to correct the Y rotation to get it pointing straight up. Also I rounded off the dimensions during the lecture, so the re-size is based off of those numbers.

also the since I had to correct the Y rotation it makes me wonder, is there a way to set this rotation as the new default rotation for the object (IE 0,0,0)?

This is the LEGO in your kid’s room that you don’t want to step on!

Yay

I had a similar problem where I had to Rotate on the Y.

" is there a way to set this rotation as the new default rotation for the object (IE 0,0,0)?"

Yes, press ctrl a in object mode and select scale

I found when rotating wether you use a +, or - depends on the direction the object is facing, and if you use r 90, or r ,x(what axis you are rotating on) 90. It is just a matter of repetition I guess.

Wedge: ^ , 50%, & 0,4,2

Enjoying this course a lot so far!
Can’t wait to dig deeper :slight_smile:

Hello there! Here is my wedge challenge! I too had to go -90, I guess a lot of us think similarly!

@TaoDude

Hello! I am not sure how far you have gotten in the course but you can rotate you view to make the slope face the same way as in the video. I personally use the number shortcuts all the time, its easier then trying to swivel around the object. Have you gotten a chance to play with the number short cuts?.. Now that I look at when you posted this, you probably figured that out. Haha, well if you didn’t then check them out.

Hi, here is my wedge challenge. I had to go with 270 on the Y axis.

Well, mine looks just a bit different… molds are made to be broken

Wedge Challenge

Wedge challenge! :smiley:

A wedge:

S2L20-wedge

A wedge can be used to escape your garden island and get to illuminati monkey island in your low poly car.

You can then use the wedge to pimp your car:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms