Section 2 lecture 25, Challenge Plane

Had some trouble with the propellor because there were more vertices on the sides than on the top and bottom, but I am happy with the result. :blush:

And the reference picture:

6 Likes

Make way for one of the deadliest fighter aircraft ever created. (F22). :sunglasses:
Pro tip: for air intakes and after burners; extrude and don’t pull any direction. Then reduce the surface size then extrude to pull inwards. Don’t forget to flip the normals :grin:
Edit: Just learnt Insetting :joy:. Basically just the same as extruding like this

8 Likes

Sweet sci-fi aircraft. You’ve inspired me.

1 Like

guys you know that you can use Sketchfab to share your 3D models here. It is really awesome

1 Like

You’re plane looks cool too! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Here’s my toy plane…

3 Likes

Hydroplane

3 Likes

Great minds think alike

Here’s my attempt at an F16. Looks really stubby but I really enjoyed the process…

3 Likes

And… if you scroll up to take a look at Kyliroth’s model… voila! Another great mind!

here is my attempt at making a plane. please bear in mind - I am not much into boy’s toys! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Here’s my toy plane! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Was off to a good start but got some proportions wrong. Went for a child’s toy look

3 Likes

Hi guys! Gotta say there’s some stellar looking stuff in this thread! I am almost a little intimidated haha

Here is what I made. Took me some time and afterwards I realised that I could probably have done quicker with if I had reliated more on scaling while working.

Here’s my biplane. It could definately use some more work and I am not 100% happy with the tail. I might get back to it or start on another plane model

3 Likes

Here’s my plane! It looks a bit… square… because I though the challenge included using only the base cube, without adding any of the other primitives.

3 Likes

Here’s my plane in both Edit and Object views.

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

My challenge.plane.

4 Likes

Blocky Blackbird :wink:

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms