SceneLoader Quit does not work for Zombie FPS

Hello,
I tried quitting the scene in the FPS course but it doesn’t work. Rick thinks it has to do with Time.timeScale, but putting one in Quit Application doesn’t work.
LoadScene Script;

PlayerHealth Script;

Hi,

Where do you test Quit.Application? In the Unity editor? If so, that method will not work there. It works in standalone builds only.

See also:

Like Nina mentions, Application.Quit when playing in the Unity editor does not work. Here is how it can be achieved, though. The trick is to just stop play mode

#if UNITY_EDITOR
    if (Application.isEditor)
    {
        UnityEditor.EditorApplication.isPlaying = false;
    }
#else
    Application.Quit();
#endif
1 Like

I am testing Application.Quit while in play mode in the engine.

Do I type this script into the SceneLoader.cs file to make this happen?

I don’t know. Wherever you use Application.Quit, you should use the code I provided instead.

It adds a compiler directive so if you are running in the editor, it will execute UnityEditor,EditorApplication.isPlaying = false; and if you built the application it will execute Application.Quit

You should also be aware that you cannot quit a WebGL game. I usually have code (which I excluded from the above) to check if it is a WebGL application. But I have other code that checks and removes the ‘Quit’ button if it is a WebGL application

Thank you for letting me know that I cannot quit a WebGL game.

No problem. You can check like this

if (Application.platform != RuntimePlatform.WebGLPlayer)
    Application.Quit();

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms