Scene layout

A rough layout of the scene, based on the sketch I did before:

3 Likes

:cop: bwavo

1 Like

That’s a really great sketch, Ana.

Do you happen to use layers as you work on such a sketch, or do you just draw freely on the same layer?

I imagine your textures for Blender would be really nice if you are comfortable with UV Maps.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I do use layers. I actually end up using a lot of layers, especially with more detailed pieces, haha. I played around with UV maps a bit during the chess section of the course, I hope I can learn more about them soon :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thanks for the reply. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to drawing and texturing because I have yet to get down a style / method I am comfortable with.

I think in Section 6 and Section 7 you’ll see some UV coverage. I would say the main thing is keeping your mesh simple, removing unneeded faces (internal, no on will see), and just understanding your own model. If you didn’t learn about Marking Seams yet, then that will help.

Personally, I hate UV maps, but I think everyone might agree that it is the most annoying part lol. If you are staying in Blender, you can at least use a Paint function directly in Blender that you will learn about in a future lecture (if not already).

Take care~

Privacy & Terms