RPG Character Creator & Modular Armor Tutorial

I’ve been solving some re-importing issues of the Modular Fantasy Hero as of recently, but there is one I don’t think I’ve seen like it before

If, for instance, you don’t customize your character and just hit confirm, you’ll get an entirely different character than what you saw. My guess is, that’s because the first time you see the character, the colors are misleading for some reason… as if I assigned them to one thing in the character generator as a starting point, and the starting point (assuming you don’t change anything) of the main game is something entirely different

I haven’t touched the code, so what else can be the cause of this? (P.S: If you change any sort of color or anything equivalent, it’ll act normal again, FOR THAT BODY PART ONLY)

Basically, the colors on the player when he first gets into the character generator are deceiving for some reason… (and nope, not a material problem so to speak, and Malbers has nothing to do with this :sweat_smile:)

The same case goes for if you access the main level of the game straight up without accessing the character generator first. You have to quit the scene and return to actually see the right color

and that’s the case for everytime you try re-importing the modular fantasy hero character

Apologies for the headache tonight… (lol I keep telling myself this topic is over, and then something happens…!)

I would start by checking the default settings in the CharacterGenerator inspector within the Character Creation scene and the Player in your game scenes…

Bear in mind, there are three different places the player could be serialized, in the Player prefab (which is where you ***should *** be making any edits to the player), in the Core prefab (any overrides in the Core prefab will mask the changes to the Player Prefab), and in the scene itself (any overrides in the scene mask changes to the Core or Player).

Sorry for the delay, I was trying to install water in my scene :stuck_out_tongue:

I checked the Player Prefab (none of the character generator stuff goes to the Core Prefab, so as not to baffle the enemies), and everything is properly setup there

But my main problem is, the first time you open a scene the colors on the player character are completely false (don’t get me wrong, you do get colors, but they are the wrong ones underneath the system). The second time otherwise, everything works well. This is not an issue with the saving system, but it’s acting like the difference between Awake() and Start(), or someone who wakes up angry and then gets calm by the afternoon… idk how else to explain the problem :sweat_smile:

So that first time is incredibly deceiving, and there are no errors. How do I fix that?

Edit: LOL I had an incredibly good Pickup animation from somewhere… restarting Unity deleted that somehow and I’m lowkey sad lel

last night my project broke, and the next few hours was all about retrieving new functionalities and features. I’d rather never deal with that again anytime soon… :sweat_smile: (and now I have a post-processing function hiding somewhere that makes my game look over-saturated… had to rollback the project to a few days back to fix this :stuck_out_tongue:)

Anyway, any more updates about this one?

Privacy & Terms