[Resolved] UE5.1 Long Android deployment and Failed to open descriptor file

Windows 11 x64 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1194)
Intel Core i7 6700 3.4GHz (Skylake 14nm)
RAM 32GB DDR4 1069MHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 4GB
TeamGroup GX2 SSD 1TB
Unreal Editor 5.1.1
Android 12

hi,

I simply test on Android deployment with the IntroProject, anyone experience the time taken for Android deployment is extremely slow and long ( > 20 mins still Launching… ) and stayed at screen below.

I have checked the Unreal Engine forum, after changing the min and max API level, the above image result captured. I will let it run, will update here again later.

It took about 35 minutes to reach stage below with some movement every 5-10 seconds.

After one hour plus, the deployment completed and launched the apps on the phone below.

The Android phone error message when launched:

1. Any idea what is the error “Failed to open descriptor file” above means as I have tried setting target API Level from 28 ( Android 9 ) to 31 ( Android 12 ), both resulted in same error above ?

2. Will the Windows login username with space like “Ricky Gai” caused the issues of the Android deployment ?

After first Android deployment took one hour plus, the second deployment took about 1-2 minutes only where I uninstalled the .apk from phone, then re-launched with .apk installed on Android phone but output log report error HERE.

This error sometime happens, sometime the launching process successfully carried out and the .apk startup on the mobile phone, I really don’t have any idea why this intermittent problem occurred this way. However, after I restarted the phone, this error seems less happening.

I am not sure this is normal or not, any idea is greatly appreciated.

Just resolved the issues of “Failed to open descriptor file” by setting the Platforms > Android > Install Location to “Auto”.

It has NOTHING TO DO with Packaging “Shipping” or Extra Tags for node.

Hopes, this help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms