Replica of Eddie "Skate" Hunter from Streets of Rage 2

Hi.
For the challenge, I chose one of my favorite character of my memories from pixel art games when I was younger : Skate, aka Eddie Hunter from Streets of Rage 2 :heart_eyes:

20220704-sor2-skate-replica-animation

As with the previous challenge, I worked with low pixels but scaled the picture for web sharing. No cheating here :grin:

3 Likes

Wow! This is really good!

2 Likes

Thanks :blush: Libresprite is a really handy tool for that. I already love it!

1 Like

I really like it, too. I’m really surprised at how easy it is to use. It’s very intuitive and simple (for me at least). I’m really glad you told me about how to get it on Linux. Thank you!

I haven’t done as much in that class for the past week. I did some low poly Blender stuff over the past few days instead.

I need to go back and finish my Kung Fu frames. I started to do the whole sprite sheet, but it’s a pretty big sprite sheet and I lost my mojo about 1/2 way through. I think I should just worry about one character, like you did.

Also, it was a good excuse to get my old Wacom tablet out of the closet. The Wacom makes things much easier, for me at least.

1 Like

I intended to share the link below the lesson but someone did it first so all the credits are for @Mo-Moxi :wink:

I don’t know how much time and energy you have / want to spend on practice, but yes perhaps finishing one piece, sharing it and then starting the next step could be a nice way of keep your mojo strong :thinking:
Change from practice in another software like low poly in Blender too il also a good way to step back!

And yes, having a tablet for pixel art is definitely easier. Here I use the Wacom Intuos S. After some issues with Linux, it works pretty well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It kinda went like this (more about the comments than the original post):

To be fair, I wasn’t upset with anyone, but I was really having a low week and it didn’t seem like I could do anything right.

I don’t remember which model of Wacom I have, but it was one of the models that only cost around $50/$60 USD. It wasn’t expensive, but it works very well. I’ve been happy with it.

I never had any issues with drivers or anything. It works straight out of the box on my System76 Oryx Pro (Pop!OS). It also worked well on the Windows laptop that I used to use at my old job.

I should go back and finish my Kung Fu dude. At least then I can figure out how to make a gif.

Can you believe? It’s 2022 and I still don’t know how to make a gif? :laughing:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms