Render Times with nVidia GeForce GT 630M

GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 630M
CPU: Intel i7-3537U 2.00GHz

I did three renders to try and bring down the time. Hopefully, watching the rest of the video will give me more tips, but as is, my best time was 18 minutes with the Tile size set to 32 x 32 using the GPU.

Anyone have any other tips?

The other two renders were one with the GPU again, but with the tiles at 64 x 64 (19 minutes) and one with the CPU at 32 x 32 (20 minutes).

1 Like

With GPU you should use larger numbers the numbers written under RES results in the video. I have the same OS as yours and my GPU and CPU are similar to yours and I got around 20 for the CPU but for the GPU and 240*135 I got 7:09.37 minutes which is huge compared to the CPU. Although others students got better times some got 1 min, how lucky!

Check out this thread, very helpful!

1 Like

Thanks Hend, this helped a lot.

1 Like

Thanks a ton for that.

I’d taken a break since my laptop refused to go lower than 18 minutes even with your help and have build a new PC with a Ryzen 5 1500X CPU and a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU.

I’m now rendering the BMW in just over 2 minutes. Wish I could get it down to 1 minute, but at least I’m only at 2 - 4 minutes now instead of 20.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms