[Realm Rush] Transform Position of new tiles is messed up

Hey guys,
so I’ve been following the Realm Rush Course up to the Playtest and Balance video.
I’ve created a new scene and placed tiles. However when doing so and duplicating I am experiencing a few editor issues.

1. First of all, even though i set the position to 0|0|0, it later on shows them wrong, right now they’re at -61.42368|-9.225296|-80.2731 - why is that? When i create a new tile and set it to 0|0|0 it moves to exactly the same position as the messed up one, just with normal positions.
  2. when duplicating existing tiles and moving them (I got the move anchored to 10 on all axis), it moves them by slightly more/less for example first move is 9.999666. This difference grows the more i duplicate - why doesn’t it stay on whole numbers?
  3. after duplicating for example 5 tiles one by one each, i want to select 5 and duplicate them all at once. Works fine, until I move them. Then they’re set off by a strange amount. How can I fix this? (see image attached)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bastimoo,

Have you already compared your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture? In many cases, if something is wrong with the labels, there is a little typo in the code. :slight_smile:

See also:

Hey Nina,
thanks a lot for your answer. The code is unfortunately the same. I “fixed” it by using the “Align Selection to Grid” under Grid and Snap and aligned it with all axes. It’s probably not the right solution, but it worked.
The position was off because I didn’t reset the position of my empty gameobject which was parent to the newly created tiles.

If you did not reset the position, the behaviour was expected, and your solution for rearranging the tiles was right. :slight_smile:

Is everything working now as expected?

It’s working as intended although still not 100% fixed.
However I lost my data due to a unity update (made the mistake to have my projects folder inside my unity installation folder. A warning at the beginning of tutorial courses may be a good addition, might save some people some grief) and could not further investigate, however I was basically done with the tutorial so it’s not as bad as could be. Thread can be closed, thanks for the answer again!

If you “just” followed the course and did not implement your own ideas, you could simply download and use Gary’s project state from GitLab. This way, you could at least complete the project.

A link to GitLab can be found in the resources of the video.

Thank you for the hint, will do that. I changed a few minor things but should be able to replicate them :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms