Raylib unable to debug

So, out of nowhere Raylib has decided it doesn’t want to run my code.

I’ve changed nothing in my settings, just following lectures and went to compile then this.

Any thoughts?

Hi there! Are there any other error messages that pop up? Normally the debugger refuses to run because of compilation issue.

Apologies for late response, no access to a computer!

So I did have a couple, which I solved by putting “raymath.h” in my project folder.
Then list initializer in my Prop.h class was in the wrong order, yet this never caused any problems previously, but I sorted them out.

Now I still have no compilation and same problems.

Here is the full error message:

=thread-group-added,id=“i1”
GNU gdb (GDB) 8.1
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type “show copying”
and “show warranty” for details.
This GDB was configured as “i686-w64-mingw32”.
Type “show configuration” for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/.
For help, type “help”.
Type “apropos word” to search for commands related to “word”.
Warning: Debuggee TargetArchitecture not detected, assuming x86_64.
=cmd-param-changed,param=“pagination”,value=“off”

You shouldn’t have to move raylib.h into your project in order for it to work. Looks like the debugger is having trouble detecting your platform/os.

Can you confirm the install location of Raylib and show me how your project files are structured?

Just to clarify, it’s “raymath.h” I moved, not raylib.h just in case of any confusion.

My installation path is C:\raylib… (Do you need anything specific?) I checked in my c_cpp_properties.json and tasks.json files to make sure they’re all correct as well.

I hope that’s the correct information you’re after!

Thank you

I don’t believe this is part of the problem, but don’t have your code files inside of the .vscode folder. You want to keep them in the root of your project folder (which for you is top-down-game-main).

You shouldn’t have to move any of the raylib files in order for the project to compile and debug. I don’t see anything in the debugger messages you’ve shown me to get a sense of what’s going on. So let’s take this step-by-step and see if we can troubleshoot this together.

First step, let’s get those executable, cpp, and header files out of the .vscode folder. Then try running the debugger again and let me know the result.

Here is inside my main workplace now.

Here is inside .vscode.

I opened the other project of Dasher Dapper as well, but that works fine. It’s odd as I’ve not touched the settings or files since creating. Wonder of computers I guess.

Oh and same error, forgot to add that haha

If you take the files in the .vscode folder of Dapper Dasher and put them in this project (overwriting them). What happens?

Right! After what you said, I got curious and checked out Stephens GitLab repository and I saw 2 files missing in my main workspace.

I have no idea where they went or why but it’s compiling again! But now for some reason my Knight and Goblin are not rendering but that I can find out myself haha

Thank you for your time buddy, appreciate it

Glad I could help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms