Random Sam appreciation thread

I’ve done like 10,000 tutorials on this particular topic (Unity Custom Editor) from all sort of sources and people; Brackeys, Unity Official site, other courses, you name it I have done it, no one has ever explained it in a way I was actually able to comprehend what was going on until today.

node.text = EditorGUILayout.TextField(node.text);

I never understood what was going on here, this never made any sense to me whatsoever, it’s weird, it’s redundant, it’s confusing, but finally, finally someone actually explained it, and that was you @sampattuzzi, thank you… I’m about to cry… ok I’m exaggerating but really, this is the first time I’m actually feeling confident to play around with the UnityEditor and start creating my own tools.

Thank you for your amazing, comprehensible and detailed work.

5 Likes

Is that the RPG class?

Yeah, it’s the Unity Dialogue and Quest course.

1 Like

Nice! I just bought the RPG Combat System class and I’m really impressed! I’ll probably get the multiplayer class on the next Udemy flash sale and the RPG Dialogue class on the sale after that! These classes are great! I’m still early in my 2D and 3D classes, so I’m just now ‘getting to know’ the staff’ and I’m really loving the attitudes and enthusiasm of the instructors.

Sam is newer to me as I just started his class yesterday, but his first few videos have been great and I really think I’m going to enjoy his courses. I can already begin ‘seeing’ the game I want to build, and that’s really cool!

1 Like

I’m so glad I could help you understand this stuff. It’s frustrating that most folks just teach the how and not the why.

6 Likes

Hi Sam!

I did end up getting all 3 of the RPG classes. I’m concurrently working through Project Boost (3D) and Basic character movement (RPG Combat). It’s so much fun putting the lesson material to form something different. Thank you for making some great material!

~Jago

1 Like

Agreed, @Rick_Davidson 's and @sampattuzzi 's teaching style is perfectly my speed, feel very lucky to have found a course that was targeting exactly the level of skill I needed it to. Thanks gents!

Always watching the new courses with a keen eye, seeing what they’re working on next. For one idea: the RPG bundle has been awesome, I’ve been extending it with various dynamic traversal systems and a kinematic character controller / IK solver –

Privacy & Terms