Quest system using the Dialogue system

I’m kind of surprised that the dialogue system wasn’t re-utilized for the quest system. Most games have quest chains, wouldn’t think it would be too difficult to re-utilize/clone the dialogue system for this. Unless I’m missing something or haven’t got far enough through this course to get into quest chains? With the current system, what would be the easiest way to add quest chains?

Quest Chains are quite possible with this system, though you’ll have to put in the tedious work of creating the conditions.
Say I have three quests in the chain…

• Mother Hubbard’s Bunions (find the foot cream)
  • Mother Hubbard’s Apple Pie (find 10 apples)
  • Mother Hubbard says Hello Earl (deliver the pie to the foot soldier’s father… [I wouldn’t eat that pie if I were you…]

The first quest line is only offered if the player !HasQuest Mother Hubbard’s Bunions.
The second quest line (and related dialogue) is only offered if the player HasCompleted Mother Hubbard’s Bunions && !HasQuest Mother Hubbard’s Apple Pie.
The third quest line is only offered if the player HasCompleted Mother Hubbard’s Apple Pie && !HasQuest Mother Hubbard says Hello Earl

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms