ProjectBoost - Particles not triggering on LTS 2022.3.10f1

Even though the Script CollisionHandler is just the same, the Serialized Fields too and the file have been also assigned, while debugging the code, without exceptions, the Play() method on crash and success sections is doing nothing.

I’ve downloaded the code from the repo on commit 21, that uses LTS2020.1.7f1 and it runs correctly (also did a WinMerge comparison of the code) and on this Unity version works correctly.

Is there something missing for the current Unity version for the particles to show up on the game?

Hi ViciousCRC,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Are the referenced particle systems in your Hierarchy? Do not assign the particle systems from the Assets folder because they do not exist in the scene. Only the game objects in the Hierarchy exist in the scene, and only things existing in the scene can be seen by the camera.

See also:

1 Like

Hi Nina,

You were totally right, thanks for your fast response.

I was the one at fault, I just realized this while attaching the Side Boosters. I was dragging the Side Thruster Particles directly from the PreFab tab instead of the one attached to the rocket so I question myself how is this thing going to know which thruster to play on my rocket xD… and yes… I proceeded to drag and drop the ones on my prefab and everything got resolved, also for the landing and crash particles.

SOLUTION: (aside to paying attention to the video)… drag the particle materials from the Rocket Object INSTANCE to the Serialized Field.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms