Project Update before the final section

I have spent some time tweaking and extending systems, building and editing a couple levels, and working on small adjustments to animations… I have gotten to the point where I am ready to tackle the next section, but wanted post an update, in case anyone is interested.

7 Likes

Looks polished so good job :slight_smile:

This looks awesome! The world feels really good watching you move around in it.

Are you using custom scripts for the camera or just using cinemachine settings?

Nice looks great man, well done

Thanks everyone!

@Caesura I actually wrote 4 scripts… A camera panner, a Camera Orbiter, a camera Zoomer, and a Camera Occluder, I wanted it to be very modular… The occlusion took A LOT of trial and error, and I am happy with it, but I am looking for ways to improve it.

That’s awesome, The camera looked awesome. I figured it had to be very specific.

Is there a playable version of the level on “share my game” or such?

Not yet, but soon! there are still a couple things I need to smooth out. But I will def post a link as soon as I have a playable “Demo.” :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to it! The environment building and camera really make it feel like a polished game.
I love adding in technical design and features but struggle with the artistry, it always blows me away when people can take all that and turn it into something beautiful.

This is fantastic work! Well done! I can appreciate the fine details you put into the environment, and I like the way you handled occlusion. You even handled going inside a building or a tunnel and the camera adapting to it.
Did you use a Shop with no costs for the chests? In the past, I’ve used an Inventory, with a second Inventory UI to manage it, but I really like this approach!

1 Like

Thanks! I created a ContainerShop class, that inherits from Shop.cs, and overrides the prices to 0, it also checks if the shop is a container or not, if it is it opens a a secondary Shop UI panel, slightly modified from the ShopUI.

1 Like

Love the approach. Very interesting, I would have taken the same approach as Brian.

Privacy & Terms