Project path does not work

I just downloaded Unity from store.unity.com and install it. But for the first time I want to make a new project, it doesn’t allow me to do and it says “path does not work (project name and where its located)”

I would like to ask that how you guys deal with it until it’s normally worked?

• I am using Macbook Pro 2009

• Using Unity 2.3.1

It would be very helpful if this topic get answered😊

Hi Jack_Z,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Did you perhaps move the project at some point? What you could try is to click on “Add” in Unity Hub and to navigate to your project folder again. Then select the project folder. Did this work?

See also:

Hi Nina,

well for my macbook user name’s is “macbookpro”
so when i want to create a new project that located to “/Users/macbookpro”, after i click the Create button, its automaticly went to the Dekstop and when i want to open my project, it said the "Project path does not work : /Users/macbookpro/New Unity Project

and when i want to search my project from my folder, there was none of my project that got created. I tried so many time to download new version of unity, or even uninstall and install it again and it didn’t work

so what should i suppose to do? :thinking:

Unfortunately, I don’t know iOS well as I’m a Windows user. On Windows, the Desktop is a special folder managed by the operating system. Saving something in the Desktop folder often causes issues. Maybe it’s the same on iOS. Could you save your project somewhere else?

Well I save the project into my Hard drive not to the Desktop, I tried save it into another hard drive but it’s still didn’t work. Maybe I can search another way out to solve this out

Thank you Nina for Helping :blush:

And I want to apologize of every words that I type, it’s because I am not great at English

Please don’t apologise for things that are not your fault. Not everybody is a native English speaker. Furthermore, this is a game developer forum, not a forum for aspiring authors and English literature. We use English as a tool to communicate with one another. As long as you put some effort into making you intelligible, there is nothing to worry about. Even native English speakers struggle to express their thoughts when it comes to technical things because they, too, have to learn the vocabulary specific for this field first. And if somebody did not understand what you mean, they could simply ask you. :slight_smile:

Regarding your problem, do you use an antivirus program or a firewall that might be blocking Unity? Maybe you could run Unity with administrator rights.

Maybe it’s because I haven’t update my macbook’s software, when I want to open the Unity app, it got denied because the Mac version that required to open it is OS X 10.3.1 while mine is OS X 10.1.1, maybe the reason I can’t create a new project is because I have to update my software in to the latest version.

And I don’t remember that I was using an antivirus or not, it’s because I just got this laptop from my uncle 2 months ago, and it feels like it doesn’t have any some kind of virus that inject my Mac.

I am gonna try to update my software to the latest and give it a try again, I will tell the result later😊

How are you getting on with this, @Jack_Z?

@Nina i installed it from OS X 10.10 to OS X 10.11

in the past, i was wrong about the Software version because the required software version to open Unity Editor 2020.3.9f1 was OS X 10.13

and when i want to update it from the AppStore, it says that i can’t go higher of my Software version because my Mac is one of the older version of Mac (MacBook Pro 2009)

so i stucked at OS X 10.11 and can’t create any project in Unity

In that case, try to use the version which works. For the path, select a new path. Make sure the project folder is not inside the installation folder or in a folder managed by iOS or on an external harddrive, an USB stick, in a cloud. Just on your harddrive. Try to run Unity with administration rights.

And if nothing helps, I’d suggest to message the Unity support. Maybe they know this problem and a solution.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice over on our Discord chat server.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms