Progress Stalled

I’m putting this under “Show,” because I dont really have a Question, per se… But I am not showing off a completely working implementation, because one factor eludes me. But…
I really didn’t like the Selling implementation presented in the videos. Only being able to sell back the items the shop has available is not what I wanted to implement. I want the shop to switch to the player’s current inventory, and work accordingly… however, this turned out to be a bigger undertaking than I though it would.
I have it functioning, about 99%… but it has taken me many, many hours, 3 resets to a previous working state, and I still cant get the damned Quantity in Transaction diplay to update correctly when selling items… But everything else is working the way I wanted, so I am going to move on, and come back to it… I am posting a video of the system in action, You can see when I add items to the transaction in Sell Mode, that the Quantity in Transaction field (the upper right hand indicator of the ItemSlotUI) does not change… :frowning:

Hell Yeah! After watching the videos on filtering the items in the shop, and getting the implementation for that working with both the Shop Stock, and the Players Inventory while Selling, it helped me understand where I needed to make the Updates to the ShopUI to correctly display everything! I am so happy!
I am glad I figured this out, and that it was a challenge, because I got to try a lot of different implementation, and feel like I learned quite a bit more about C# as well!
Here is the shop system in action, updating correctly! woohoo!

I also noticed the ToolTipUI is GIANT… lol, must have accidentally reset the prefab somehow… easy fix.

Well done! I agree, that shops should be able to buy anything the player wants (although I think it might be fair to rig things so that certain categories don’t do so hot… or even something like a fruit vendor won’t purchase weapons or armor, but will purchase potions, scrolls, etc…
One of the first things I did in my own project was adapt the system so that the seller would buy back everything from the player… I should revisit my own solution and refactor it, as it got a bit convoluted. (Yep, even as the TA, I still had to learn Sam’s concepts as the videos came out, I just had a week or so head start on watching the videos).

1 Like

Privacy & Terms