ProBuilder Tools and Game screen resolution

The tools may cause some confusion to students constantly asking why they do not have the tools in the scene view here.
We arent using them yet but if they are there students will ask.
Need to have them turned on to show the menu so maybe this needs addressing earlier when we add them to unity.

Noticed your resolution of the game screen is no longer free aspect and is scaled to 0.4 on your screen.
This will be another pinch point when things may look different to the student on free aspect with a new install.

Is the probuilder window not enabled by default? Regardless, I’ll edit in some little bits with me explaining the resolution and the probuilder window. I thought it made sense to import all the packages we’d be using in one go and then we don’t have to come back later and mess with them.

In the challenge slide for importing packages I mentioned what each asset was for so students should be aware?

Blaming bad typing on not getting what i was trying to say clear :slight_smile:

“We arent using them yet but if they are not there students will ask” <- This was what that line was supposed to read referencing the missing probuilder tools window.

But yes we need a part here to show students how to turn them on otherwise we will get 50+ questions for the teaching assistant asking “Why don’t i have probuilder tools on my scene view”

Going to add this now, thanks @Marc_Carlyon!

Edit: Do you think that I should mention it in this lecture or an earlier lecture?

No problems,

The only other place i could think of being an insert would be back in the importing mirror near the end at 8minutes mark where you have the package manager on screen.
You could add that "I have also installed progrids so you might have a different scene view. We dont need to do that now just be aware that you might not have these (Show icons in scene view) on your scene view and we will add them later.

Here is the first instance we see it as up till here you have been on the game screen tab so it was not visible.

Sorted!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms