Probuilder Material - Default Gridbox (2022.3.9)

Hello,

After importing Probuilder & URP sample support, I wasn’t showing the grid box default material on my Standard Shader Base Map Texture window, so I ventured looking for different routes to find the Probuilder one as mentioned.

There were two other methods I noticed for those who enjoy options as I didn’t realize Checker was the same thing and went searching for it.

1. Assets folder → Samples Probuilder → URP → Material _> and Probuilder Default URP material. Then drag and drop that onto my Cube.

2. Tools → Probuilder → Probuilder window → then I created a new shape and it automatically put it on there.

If anyone who sees this and notices that I provided incorrect information please respond and share your method.

Also if you are able to assist with where to find it through the method mentioned in the lesson (material → standardshadermaterial → Surface inputs → base map → textures) that would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I’m finding I am needing this default one in the shading graph portion of the lesson. So I’m updating this to an ask.

3 Likes

Hi, I don’t think this post is in the right forum place. More Unity then Blender related.

1 Like

That is what auto populated for the course. I’ll see if I can switch my post but seems like a site admin may need to change it for the course. Hopefully this response didn’t mess with the time for my question.

2 Likes

It is definitely Unity related, and it looks like one of my fellow admins has moved the question to the Unity Courses forums.

For some reason, the textures used in ProBuilder are hidden from the texture selection dialogue within the Material. If you look in the upper right hand corner of the texture selector, you’ll see a small icon with an eye with a slash in it next to a number. This is indicating that there are hidden textures. Click on this and the textures will appear.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms