Problem with Unity and Compiler Errors

Good morning,
I’m currently in the beginning of the Argon Assault portion, but I saw this compiler error

I have no idea what this means. I recently downloaded the entirety of unity standard assets but that was slowing down my pc, so I deleted the unity asset pack from my project and imported only the sections I need, and this popped up. Is there any way I can fix this, or do I need to start from scratch. Please contact me at your earliest conveinence.

Hi,

The Standard Assets are heavily outdated, so it is not recommended to import them completely. Import only the things you need.

Make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder.

In your working folder, not the backup: The best would be to remove the Standard Assets by deleting the “Standard Assets” folder in your Assets folder. Then import the Standard Assets again and select only the things you need.

Did this help?

See also:

Thank you for the quick reply. I will do my best to follow your instructions to the letter when I have the opportunity.

How are you getting on with this, @RedStreakG?

Privacy & Terms