Problem running build task, Video 5

Hello, this is the error message I get. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am using Windows.

Executing task in folder Project: C:/raylib/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib PROJECT_NAME=hello OBJS=*.cpp BUILD_MODE=DEBUG <

mingw32-make hello
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory ‘C:/Game Dev/Project’
mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target ‘.cpp’, needed by ‘hello’. Stop.
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory ‘C:/Game Dev/Project’
mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:388: all] Error 2
The terminal process "C:\raylib\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe ‘RAYLIB_PATH=C:/raylib/raylib’, ‘PROJECT_NAME=hello’, 'OBJS=
.cpp’, ‘BUILD_MODE=DEBUG’" terminated with exit code: 2.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

1 Like

Did you just update your C++ extension?

If this the case then look at the following.

There issue with C++ extension downloading the wrong debugger for your OS

WardenGnaw has pinned the solution.

In summary you just need to delete following files and folder in your profile and it will download the correct version once you relaunch VSCode

To resolve this issue for Win 10 users, delete the following files:

1. %USERPROFILE%.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.cpptools-1.6.0-insiders\install.lock
2. %USERPROFILE%.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.cpptools-1.6.0-insiders\debugAdapters

Then relaunch VS Code and have the extension activate again.

@ChillPanda Your hello.cpp is in the wrong place. It should be in the Project folder, but not in the .vscode folder in there. Move it out of the .vscode folder. (This is a common mistake. Sorry.)

There may be other problems. Once you’ve moved hello.cpp, what VS Code Terminal menu item do you use to attempt building?

I have the same issue, tried this, didn’t work, unfortunately.

Just to confirm since this topic is a little on the old side, do you have the most recent version of the VS Code template?

You can find it here

Thank you for all the responses. I forgot I asked on this forum. Thank you @orcmid moving the hello.cpp file solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms