Problem Joining Steam Game With Friends [SOLVED]

I finished the course and was going to test the game as shown on Steam with a couple friends.

They all have the game added to Steam, and I am friends with them all on Steam. But whenever They try to join(whether clicking join game through Steam or invited through steam) they just get a screen with all the UI gone. I am very new to the multiplayer of course and very little understand the Steam part so I have no idea how to fix this. Thank you!

Hi Mason,

Everyone needs to have the game open on their computer, through steam. Then go to steam and press join. Let me know if this helps!

That is exactly what we already tried and it just leads to the screen with no UI, just the title text and background. We all tried joining using the “shift-tab” method, then clicking whichever friend was hosting on our friends list, then clicked join game

Okay so the title text is loading, so you are getting into the game. So Most likely it’s not a steam issue. First place I would look is to double check you made all the UI changes in unity. Specifically, updating the transport to fizzysteamworks (I assume you did this as it is connecting) and checking off the use steam boolean we set up in the UI Menu/Lobby component.

If that is all correct, I would update Mirror and FizzySteamWorks to the latest versions.

Sorry! I should have mentioned, the title text is the same exact UI element from the main menu when the players can select host or join(and options/quit). It is the only thing not turned on or off until the actual gameplay scene loads, so nothing turns it off when trying to join. But I will be sure to test the other problems, and see if that works

EDIT: After making sure both SteamWorks and mirror were updated I was able to successfully connect! I know have a problem where one was unable to destroy the others main base :sweat_smile: But I will look into it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms