Positioning The Summoning Circle

I’m not reaching the end of the course yet so sure if Sam would make adjustment to the Summoning Circle, but is there any way to make it line up to the ground even when it sloping up and just not being horizontal like this

And is there any way to make the Circle visible through grass too?

Using the current setup, not really.

There are some solutions using Decal shaders, but these are beyond the scope of this course.

The Raycasthit has a normal property which you could use to (somewhat) align the circle with the surface. Set the circle’s ‘up’ vector equal to the hit normal. However, this would only align the origin. Like @Brian_Trotter said, you would need decals to get it to ‘hug’ the surface contours.

Here’s a URP Screen-Space Decal shader

*Supplied with no warranty or support.

1 Like

Thank you @bixarrio for your suggestion. BTW, you really did me (and also MattBergman) a favor, really help with click to attack in Third Person combat course :smiley:

Thanks Brian, I will look into it, see if I can pull up anything to implement a Decal. Or maybe think of using an orb like this so not to worry about its alignment (just demonstration, not implement yet)

Ooh, I rather like that. I would make the material a bit more transparent, perhaps with some glowing runes mixed in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms