Port 0 Address returned from GetResolvedConnectString (ClientTravel error)

As reported by a couple other users on Udemy, when connecting to our server after completing L60 “Joining a Session” (from either the PIE or standalone game), my client under default game options returns the wrong port after it’s IP address, i.e. the call to SessionInterface->GetResolvedConnectString(SessionName, Address) reports that server address is 10.0.0.126:0 instead of 10.0.0.126:7777.

Oddly enough, if I start the game via the commandline with the port specified (via 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.24\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe' 'C:\git\CoopGame\CoopGame.uproject' -Game -PORT=7777 ) whatever port we pass in via the Command line gets delivered correctly to the client and the game connects fine. This is particularly bizzare, as the servers Output Log seems to be running on port 7777 even when this port command line switch. Even odder, when I checkout Sam’s version of the project at GitHub and go to the commit that corresponds to this lecture I find that regardless of the command line options the client retrieves the correct port that the server is running on so I’m able to confirm it’s not an obscure local networking issue.

The only major difference I’ve been able to detect aside from minor code differences between Sam’s project and my own is that I’m doing the tutorial against UE v4.24 whereas Sam’s is obviously compiled off of UE v4.17. Perhaps this is some sort of bug related to OnlineSubsystemNull? Anyone else have any ideas?

I’m struggling to understand the exact sequence of events here. Could you share the exact sequence of events that you are seeing and what you are expecting?

Privacy & Terms