Please review and help me understand

Please review and help me understand so I can finish this slide show for my designer

Slides for Learning the system we created

Seems like we have a good system
but… my designer has trouble understanding
and I only wish I could help him understand… lol

Please help me help my teamMates

Thanks

This is way too confusing. I have so, so many questions, you don’t have to answer them I just want to give you an idea on how a “foreigner” sees your system:

• What is EnterSureHow? What is ExitSureHow?
  • What is a parameter? What are they used for?
  • On Enter Action and On Exit Action:
    • Which are these actions?
    • What do they do?
    • When do they trigger?
    • What are they for?
    • How am I supposed to know which actions to use?
  • What is that Condition thing? What’s the purpose of it?
  • What’s that list named Children with a bunch of random letters? I’ll asume that’s a reference to the dialogue nodes but that raises way too many questions.
    • Am I supposed to populate that?
      • If I should populate it, How do I do that?
    • Is that just a reference? If that’s the case, Why even show it in the inspector?
  • Why so many use of Strings?

I think, overall, the system might be extraordinarily good, but it is way too hard to understand.

My suggestion, try to keep it as simple as possible, let me show you a very, very simple, yet flexible quests system, you can grab some ideas from it and do your own thing. I’m not sure if what you did is what Sam does in the courses, but if that’s the case, I think you should only use it as a reference but not in real practice because that’s just way too weird.

Check the following Unity official Kit/Tutorial, it will take you less than an hour if you rush through it and it will give you another take on how you can create dialogues and quests in a very understandable way.

Thanks for the help Yee

I will follow up with that Unity Learn…

I have had a lot of experience developing systems for users and agree with the confusion(well it is confusing!)

For my designers I will be creating those slides with a lot more structure!

I developed for Centex Homes and The west coast was my region (13 states, 120 users)
My help screens saved me hours of communications and made it look easy…

My users thanked me for that…

I hope to my use of the system we developed in this class, and I believe with help I will be able to give my designers a good How To guide that makes it look easy!

Thanks again for sharing, I learn a lot from your comments that i have seen here!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms