Please can you clarify where to find the source files for this project?

In the lecture you say that there is a link to the source files for the project in order to copy in the files to our pre-created directory. The only link that I can find is under resources listed as ‘This Lectures Project changes’, which links to a git repository containing the required files, plus others such as cpp and exe files. I cloned these files as outlined in the previous section and deleted the existing cpp and exe files, this allowed me to set up the project in VS Code. However, it is different to the method described in the lecture and I am concerned that it may lead to problems down the line. Please can you clarify where I can find the files to load as indicated in the lecture?

Hi Keith! I’m not sure if your question has been answered, but the artwork and assets are all located on the public gamedev.tv gitlab.

I hope this helps you.

3 Likes

Hi, That is where I eventually obtained the code, and this seems to work so far. However, this doesn’t match the information in the video exactly. I get the impression from this and some of the other lectures that the author made some changes to the methods that haven’t been reflected in the videos. Perhaps because the course is still quite new and the vedieos will be updated eventually.

Yeah, it is most likely the result of the course being new, I have had a few hiccups during the course that I had to solve on my own (which for me is fine as I am a programmer and just taking this course for fun and also to maybe pickup some ideas to tutor my classmates at university.) I will finish the course today so hopefully any of the posts I make attached to the video assist others.

@StephenUlibarri

I went to the first commit of the repo and downloaded the files from that commit.

Here’s the zip file: https://gitlab.com/GameDevTV/CPPCourse/dapper-dasher/-/archive/2a94033a7c9ace4f4baea76c82f6d778a5cdaaed/dapper-dasher-2a94033a7c9ace4f4baea76c82f6d778a5cdaaed.zip

Hey all, the videos have been updated to show the correct VS Code template to download.
It’s called VSCode Template, and the link is here:

This is the updated template and works with both Mac and Windows machines. You can copy this template for each of your projects and create your new source files in it, compile it, and run it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms