Pink prefavs and materials

Now the texture pack has to be used with HDRP, so I have to use this system. But Apparently that causes this effect on the ships. What can I do?

Hi Abraham,

All materials and shaders need to be compatible with the selected render pipeline. Free assets are often incompatible with newer pipelines because the creators of those assets don’t update the assets anymore.

If you are lucky, the HDRP Wizard could solve the problem for you. If not, stick with the built-in render pipeline.

Before experimenting around in Unity, it is highly recommended to make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder.

1 Like

Hi Nina, like I mentioned previously this terrain asset used in the course now doesn’t work for built-in RP. And I posted here another incompatibility when you change to the HDRP, textures stop working from the other asset pack, the spaceships. But I assembled the textures myself creating new materials and assigning maps correctly. I’m not experimenting with Unity I’m indeed working the course xddd

I must have missed it. At least, I cannot find this information in this thread. Please bear in mind that we have more than 250,000 students to support. I don’t always remember every single detail each student told me. If you feel that something is relevant to your problem, simply mention it in your thread. It doesn’t matter if you already mentioned it in another thread.

Could you please tell me the name of the asset and maybe share a link? I’d like to see if I can find some information on it. If you use the same asset as Rick but the creator changed something, so it is not compatible with the built-in render pipeline anymore, I’d like to tell Rick about it.

Of course Nina, dont get me wrong here I’m not blaming anybody you’re guys doing an outstanding job.

The Terrain pack appears in the chapter 6_aa_uy3

This is the thread where we talk about:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms