Particle Effect sometimes not working or is weak

So my problem is that the thrust particle is not obvious or does not even work sometimes, unless I double click on the rocket object in the Hierarchy. The version I use is 2019.3.0f6.

Does anyone have any solutions to that?

That’s my script for the particle effect to work.

Hi Gavin,

Please note, it’s better to copy/paste your code and apply the code fencing characters, rather than using screenshots. Screenshots are ideal for displaying specific details from within a game engine editor or even error messages, but for code, they tend to be less readable, especially on mobile devices which can require extensive zooming and scrolling.

You also prevent those that may offer to help you the ability to copy/paste part of your code back to you with suggestions and/or corrections, meaning that they would need to type a potentially lengthy response. You will often find that people are more likely to respond to your questions if you make it as easy as possible for them to do so.

Regarding your issue, pause the game when the level restarts and click on the field in the Inspector of the rocket which holds a reference to the particle system. Does the particle system in your Hierarchy get highlighted? It might be that it references the particle system in your assets folder. In this case, you would not see anything in your scene.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

See also;

Thanks for the quick reply. The particle system in the Hierarchy does get highlighted, and I am sure it references the particle system in the Hierarchy rather than the ones in the assets folder. But the thrust particle is still not obvious or does not work sometimes. However, I found out the problem can be solved by having the “prewarm” in the Inspector of the Rocket Jet Particles checked.

1 Like

If that solves the problem, keep “Prewarm” enabled. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms